Feel free to leave comments on blog posts- & thanks for doing so. Comments need to be 'approved' (filtering out the pesky spammers) so don't worry if comments don't appear immediately.

10 February 2009

Little and often.. or twice in one day! I need to pace my blogging...

In Southend we have a shop that sells end of line jewellery - cheap - and I mean cheap! I go in there every-so-often to see what I can find. I buy necklaces etc some that I might wear but mainly ones that I have no intention of wearing - I just want them for the great little embellishments - especially at the moment with the current trend of charm necklaces -I bring them home to dismantle them and make something else out of them.
I bought this bracelet the other day (I liked shapes- thought they had potential) and collaged it with some pieces of my favourite Basic Grey papers from the Scarlett's letter range (this way I can keep the lovely paper forever!). To give you an idea of size the rectangle panels are 4.5cm high.
You can see what it was like before I customised it from the inside - sorry I forgot to photograph ready for some 'before and after' shots. doh! I was too excited and inspired to stop and take photos! lolIts not quite finished - got to seal the surface with diamond glaze/resin, and in the photo you see those little circles on the right hand panel of the bracelet- don't you think they are just crying out for mini gems?

I've just bought a good book on jewellery and paper (thanks Leandra for having it on her table) and there are some good ideas in there. Inspiring eye-candy, and for more paper based jewellery (among other things!) head on over to Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment