Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

27 October 2010

Insight into Jo-Land

I was wandering around the www today looking at the sites/ peeps I follow on twitter, planning to sign up for a course that Copy&Paste are running to do with Christmas but I got side tracked at Julie Kirk's blog (one half of Copy&Paste) by the list of questions she asked & answered (all about 'shopping' at home - ie using things that you've already bought but not used yet)- she invited readers to answer them:

so here are my answers - its a little glimpse of what its like in Jo-land! (a very nice place, of which I am queen and she who must (maybe) be obeyed rofl)


1. It would be amazing if my house really was a shop like ...  Can't decide: so many shops so little time!

2. But at the moment it's probably more like ...  no-one's just mine - bit of this bit of that..

3. The best-stocked area of my house has got to be ... my workroom or the bathroom shelf (though quite a lot of that is M's)


4. But I'm not sure I would dare do a stock-take of my ... Craft stash! because if I added up what's here and at the studio it actually makes me feel quite sick - there is soon to be a major cull/destash of this because its now cramping my thoughts....


5. I could actually open my doors right now and sell off most of my ... music cd's, craft stash, junk jewellery (necklaces, bangles)... and I'd still have plenty left!


6. If I could go shopping in someone else's house I'd choose ... oooh too many choices!!


7. With the money I'll save by shopping at home for my supplies, I could buy ... hhmm thats a toughy - I'd save it all up until I saw the perfect 'something' - and as those things come up unexpectedly its good to have the money squirrelled away 'just in case!  oooh no, I know, I know - I'd buy an Isamu Noguchi table (been wanting  one for a while)
8. During this class I hope I will get to 'buy' / revisit / finally get to use my stock of ... Everything!! lol but especially chipboard shapes & alphabets, not forgetting the buttons, buttons, and oh, more buttons....


9. The best thing about shopping at home will be ... not carrying any bags of 'purchases', rediscovering forgotton treasures - and turning all that stash into lovely items!! destashing AND creating - thats a double whammy!

 10. Shopping at home will mean I can get away with wearing ... no make-up and my oh-so-comfy pink-with-white-spots pj bottoms & a t-shirt .

aaaanyhoo enough about 'shopping' in Jo-land!  thats all for now.. got to go and create something!!  (I've got some new Tim Holtz & Sizzix dies to play with!)
Share:

1 comment

  1. When you're sat round your Noguchi table wearing your pyjamas .. think of us - and our money-saving class fondly won't you?!!

    Thanks muchly for playing along, can't wait to actually begin sharing the projects with everyone now!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig