Feel free to leave comments on blog posts- & thanks for doing so. Comments need to be 'approved' (filtering out the pesky spammers) so don't worry if comments don't appear immediately.

22 January 2011

Just playing....

I bought Kelly Rae Roberts' 'take flight' book a while ago - great book... & yesterday decided I was going to make something - nothing in particular - just something - just play around and see what happened and I took my inspiration from the book & made a mixed media panel.
Started with this:
I added pretty much every type of medium I had at my disposal and made this.  I cut the panel into 4 and accented each panel with different colours of pencil...


I really enjoyed making this - kept thinking ooh I'll add this and then worried about what if went wrong... so what?! - paint over it and try something else - its only cardboard & paper covered in ink & paint!
(and if its really terrible I'll keep it to myself and not tell anyone! rofl  but I quite liked it (well, liked it a lot actually) so I thought I'd show you....)
In case you're wondering what I used here is the roll call:
we are memory keepers scrapbook papers
watered down acrylic paint (blue - horrible, babywiped that straight off - though it did stain a little)
watered down acrylic paint - white
Glimmer mists over a flower stencil
Pearfect Pearl mists
CraftyNotions Shake'n'spray
CraftyNotions Opaque white
masked circles
stamping & embossing in white
Stamping & embossing in pearlescent green
colouring pencils - blue, black, green, white,

Phew that's a lot of stuff - could have used more...
and there still time......
but maybe i'll save that for the next masterboard.....

Thanks for popping by... I'm off to tidy my poor neglected craft room.

5 comments:

  1. Love the look of these panels Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks great Jo, gonna put it in my inspiration pile, cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, great layers of colours and love the embossing on top, very effective. Beautiful piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have that book to but have been too terrified to even open it LOL. Am definately going to have a look now though. What've you've created is gorgeous. Rachael xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Jo :)

    ReplyDelete