Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

14 April 2022

12/52 #bitesizedbooks

 Hi, how are you??  I hope you're keeping well.

The books made in March (yes, I know its April - I'm playing catch-up because life/work got in the way of creating.. gggrrr how very dare it! lol) are predominately black in colour - which is nice - I like black!  I like how it can make other colours pop and it goes with anything and everything.... This weeks book has a 'theme' of letters (alphabets & the postal kind) and hints of copper and metallics - and of course a touch of kraft.... but I think my favourite piece has to be the gingham trim on the final page which I found when I was destashing and sorting out the boxes of ribbons in my workroom... (I love finding forgotten treasures! -it makes the tidying/destashing worthwhile!)

I doodled circles over a panel of scrapbook paper - love seeing the text through the open spaces... I use an Artline pigment drawing pen to do this - similar to a Micron pen.

I like to use the same image over two pages and treat them differently.. these pages were scraps of book pages stamped with my alphabet (JOFY21)

This is one of the flowers from my recently released set JOFY112, I've altered it by adding extra petals and you can see how I did that in the video at the end of this post (or over on my YOU TUBE channel)


This panel of letters is cut using an Elizabeth Craft Designs die (1610:Planner Patterns) - a really nice set of three dies & I think I've used the numbers die in a previous book. (and there's the super cute trim!!!)


I love using stamps on projects, and in these books their size is perfect - they're perfect mini works of art aren't they?!  I embossed the post mark stamped images using my 'Twiggy' embossing powder from WOW! Embossing, its a lovely brown with a subtle pearl finish. Yum!

Here's the flick through video, featuring a simple 'how to' add extra petals to the flower. 

Enjoy.


Don't forget if you want to join in (please do!) and make a mini book like mine don't forget to add the hashtag #52bitesizedbooks on your social media posts so I can take a look!  I'd love to see what you make!!

Thanks for stopping by, take care.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig