Feel free to leave comments on blog posts- & thanks for doing so. Comments need to be 'approved' (filtering out the pesky spammers) so don't worry if comments don't appear immediately.

23 April 2010

flowers, bags and an MGM star...

A few good things have come from this whole Ash-cloud-stopping-holiday 'fiasco':

* we have time to paint the outside of the house (actually when I say 'we' I mean DH will have time...)(chuckle)
* I'll have time to paint the back fence in the garden (and I mean 'I')
* I had time to baby sit nephew number 4 (such a cutie, funny little chap) who then gave me these (how gorgeous are the colours!):
* I was available to see Debbie Reynolds in concert at our local theatre... I was really disappointed that we'd be on holiday when she was in town - but see: every cloud has a silver lining! lol  bought the ticket at 7.50pm and she came on at 8.00pm! rofl  I do like to cut these things fine don't I (especially as I thought the concert was the 23rd not the 22nd!! eek almost missed that one!)(and I was brave and went by myself - M was not coming with - no way jose! not after the Art Garfunkel concert: red hot pokers in his ears would have been preferable apparently! rofl)
Sorry about the very dodgy photo - but I chose this one because it shows her in front of a screen playing 'Singing in the Rain' which she's in and that is one of my all time favourite films. I do love an MGM musical!!!
aaaaanyhoo - a very entertaining evening - she still has a great voice... slightly mad but a great voice!

Yesterday I altered a waitrose bag that I'd had my eye for a while thinking that I could make it look prettier than it was:
I like it - linen, buttons, sewing and an applique bird (Prima) - though less gathering of the base fabric (white linen) next time...

Thats it for today I think - the scaffolding for house painting has just arrived so I'd better go take a look..... and its such a gorgeous day - I might go and paint the fence!

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine went and saw that show and said that Debbie was amazing - wish I'd gone myself now.
    Love how youve decorated the bag, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete