Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

9 November 2016

All scrapped out....

... the use-it-or-lose-it book I started in October (you can read about it here) is finished.... I did it - a page a day created with bits and pieces solely from the scrap pile! (patting self on back)


The book is not going to close and that makes me happy! I like that it doesn't close and bits and pieces hang out of the sides... books like this make me interested to see what is inside...

& speaking of whats inside here are the further 19+ pages I created during the month...

I like stenciling across the page, over both all the attached layers (scrap paper on left, printed paper on right) it blends everything together.

These are the masks and placement pieces used in a workshop on this day... background is created with black pen, Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and Stabillo CarbOthello pencils.



I don't often use photos of myself but this one on right is OK because I'm pretty much bleached out because of the instant camera print... (and I like my new shorter hair!)... this page is one of the main reasons the book isn't closing! The zipper flower in the middle that I made from a metal/cotton zipper is quite dimensional - I was tempted to remove it and replace with something flatter but the page wasn't as nice without it.... who says a book should close anyway! ;o)

My birthday - I see these numbers around a lot! Strange... nice coincidence... 'twenty-two, ten' gets called out a lot in our house lol

Day after my birthday - still 'celebrating'!! :o)



Taking three small die cuts and attaching them together so they are one big die cut.




This flower is created using a flower from JOFY37, and 5 leaves (JOFY12) stamped onto pink paper - love how stamping them onto a different coloured paper can change their purpose so easily.

Couldn't resist adding this to the book (to preserve it!) on top of waste gelli print paper and whats not to love about that bobble trim!!

I used loads of bits and pieces in this book - but obviously not enough as there was still loads left at the end of the month - most of which has been thrown in the bin....

I really enjoyed doing this and I hope its inspired you to make use of all those bits you're hoarding 'just in case'.


By the way...  Have I mentioned that I'm teaching online? I probably have because I'm very excited to be teaching on Wanderlust 2017 !  

This is a years worth of fabulous mixed-media and art journaling classes from myself and 25 other teachers.   You can book your seat at the amazingly low Early Bird price now to make sure that you are ready for a fun adventure and a huge learning experience in the next year. 



Click on the above Wanderlust image to go and book your place!
This is going to be a wonderful year of inspiration and learning.
I can’t wait to meet you all in the classroom!

x



Share:

18 comments

  1. I love your book - every page is a delight! I am determined to keep up to date (more up to date at least) next year for Wanderlust 2017...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen... its been a lot of fun - and a challenge which is a good thing :o)

      Delete
  2. love it Jo and your new haircut is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to see here! I try to use my pile of scraps too but not always successful:-( got a thick book myself at the moment too.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your book, and I too love it when books don't close. Do you have a tab punch (26/10) drawn to those too. I'm considering wanderlust... been making enquiries re time needed - seems I have most of the supplies list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes it is a punch - I'm just putting together a quick blog post showing where some of the bits and pieces came from and the punch is one of those 'bits and pieces' - its a McGill Creativity punch - not sure they're still available (weighs a tonne and you need good muscles to use it! - thank goodness for die cutting! lol)

      Re Wanderlust - re the time needed - its self paced - so you can do it as and when you want... go on, sign up - you won't be disappointed :o) {and if you could sign up through my link I'd be everso grateful - ta muchly in advance :o)) }

      Delete
    2. Well, needed little persuasion, and have signed up! Have plans for a bit of self development.... including following the book: Creative Strength Training.

      Delete
    3. Great news! (I might take a look at the book you mentioned... )
      Take care. x

      Delete
    4. Creative Strength Training by Jane Dunnewold. She's a US Textile Artist. Promised myself I didn't need more books, but.... Art Journal Your Archtypes by Gabrielle Javier-Cerulli, came yesterday!!

      Delete
    5. I took a look at the Jane Dunnewold book - bit too fabric based for me I think.. but the Gabrielle Javier-Cerulli has been in my basket for too long - I'm pressing the 'buy' button!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous book Jo, love all of your pages. looking forward to next year's wanderlust too, firstly i need to try and catch up with this year! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin, Hope you're well.

      Delete
  6. Wow this is wonderful! I feel a new project comin on. Thanks for the inspiration xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. A bounty of inspiration here. Amazing what you did with scraps. No wonder we always save even the smallest little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seth... but those little bits start taking up a lot of space don't they! lol They have to go! (or maybe just not saving them in the first place would be answer! lol) x

      Delete
  8. what a wonderful way to use up some of those scraps - I don't feel so bad saving all those "spare" bits and bobs now - just need to use them xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig