Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

5 February 2017

#365Challenge.... January: Part 3

Well, that's January done and dusted - it went by in a flash didn't it!!

Here is the last batch of January's pages... I'm really enjoying the process (challenge) of making a page a day, answering the questions posed in the Flow Magazine calendar... I'm starting to think that these pages would maybe be more interesting for you if you knew what the questions were and the pages would make more sense wouldn't they?? Sometimes I put the questions on my Instagram comment against the photo but if you're not on Instagram you're a bit in the dark aren't you! sorry about that!
I recommend Instagram - its like Twitter but more visual, less chatty and you get more than 140 characters to play with in your description! win win in my book! hhhmm Instagram: imagine Twitter meets Pinterest and you'll get the idea...

aaaanyhoo.. the pages.. with questions/answers were relevant...

Day 20: Do I always want to win?  Depends very much on the game or argument and who its with! lol

Day 21: Do I always celebrate my birthday? Definitely!
Day22: What's your favourite room in your house?  Couldn't decide, so I made a page out of a panel I'd torn up.. but I didn't want to disguise the tears so, inspired by the Japanese art of Kintsugi (mending breaks in porcelain with resin and gold) I embossed the cracks with gold embossing powder... really like this effect.

Day 23: How do you cheer yourself up after a bad day?
Day 24: When are you at your best?  definitely not in the morning! lol

Day 26: What book made a great impression on you?  'The life changing magic of tidying' (read it you will not be able to resist a good declutter!)

Day 27: What kind of movies would you rather see at home than in the cinema?  Horror! so I can leave the room if it gets too scary! lol

Day 29: Do you believe in life after death?  oh we're onto the deep questions now!

Day 31: Have you become what you wanted to be as a kid?   Not entirely (Harriet the Spy, apparently was not a proper job.  I was 'too noisy' to be a librarian, and my accent was too 'Essex' to be a speech therapist*!  shocking advise from the 'career adviser' on the last two! lol)
* I'd like to point out that my accent is NOT overly Essex - my t's and h's are in all the right places! thank you very much. #justsayin' and I don't sound like an extra from TOWIE (I hope!)

Finally here is the cover of the book - I love love love the oversized numbers embossed in copper - they look great against the Midnight Fresco Finish painted cover.

One month done... eleven to go!

Thanks for stopping by.

x
Share:

8 comments

  1. Great pages Jo. Would like to have time to keep up with a challenge like this. Love the oversized numbers, are they stamps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. They are stamps Jo - I've had them 'a while' and don't often use them. From a company thats gone now I think - Ma Vinci Reliquary - they used to make really great alphabets - quirky unusual alphabets. Could get the same effect with a stencil.
      Jo

      Delete
  2. I'm really loving your pages and have always loved your style. Have to say that it was intriguing wondering what the question to each page was, so I popped over to your Instagram and it was much clearer!
    I feel as if I've learnt alot from your style, I do find it very hard not to cover a whole page with colour and you are really good with white space. All I can say is please keep bringing us more delicious pages of inspiration.... Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll try and keep bringing the pages - 31 done, 333 to go! phew that sounds like a lot doesn't it! x

      Delete
  3. What great daily pages Jo and the cover is lush ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on sticking with the challenge. Great pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. See! You really, really need a JOFY cat!!! 2. I'm a librarian (well before I retired). Quiet? Moi? Lovely idea to get creative!! 3. I was once told off for my Norf London accent!! Love the pages and your interpretation! Gillian

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig