Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

3 December 2010

oooh baby its cold outside... so I've been staying in and making stuff....

I'm in Essex and I realise we don't have half the amount of snow as the rest of the country - yesterday on my way up the garden to feed the birds I stuck a ruler in the snow, when M told one his colleagues (based in Pickering, Yorkshire) how much snow we had the colleague scoffed a little & said "call that snow we've got 3ft's worth!"  !!
Ooh I'm glad I'm in Essex!  lol
but it looks like it warming up if these are anything to go by:
and below is the mother of all local icicles (from neighbours guttering) which is getting longer as the day goes on, thankfully its not anywhere that people could be walking under as it could do someone serious damage! (as anyone who has watched Grey's Anatomy knows! (remember Christina & the icicle!!) ouch!)
and one more snow picture:
small spiders web - I tried to find bigger ones but with no luck..... I wish I could remember where I saw a photo of spiders' webs on traffic lights - very cool - on someone's blog -sorry I can't remember who's it was (EDIT: it was Angela Weimer's blog! - go take a look: http://pagesbythesea.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-begining-to-lok-alot-like-christmas.html  its a really great picture...)
Aaaaanyhooo, enough about the weather...
I made this for M, its an advent thingy-ma-jig and each little box contains little notes or treats.  Made out of matchboxes and coasters, its small- measuring just under 10x10x10cm. The little boxes' labels work as a tab to pull them in & out and text was created on the PC. 
Papers are My Minds Eye, snowflakes are Nestabilities and Martha Stewart, ticket stamp is Purple Onion.
I'm pleased with how it turned out but next time I'm going to use sturdier and bigger matchboxes! lol
(if you want to know how to make one of these look in back issues of Craft Stamper (I'll look back when I get a minute and let you know which issue).
Share:

3 comments

  1. I love pics of icicles - mine are growing too!! Love your advent thing-a-majig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, the spider's web is very pretty. The Advent 'thingy' is really beautiful, I love the papers & the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo

    Love the advent thing-a-me. Its gorgeous!

    Also love the photo of the icicles and I popped over to the other blog and that traffic light photo is really cool.... Haven't taken my camera out in this snow - but I should do really!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig