Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

5 December 2011

Its beginning to look a bit like Christmas!!

On the first Saturday of each month The Craft Barn has in-shop demonstrations and this month I was providing one of them... I had a lovely day, lots of lovely peeps came and watched the demos - bought the products I was demo'ing which was great - but in the afternoon it meant that it was as much an improvisation as a demonstration! lol
Here are some sneak peeks of my samples - a few of the originals will go to the shop...
Lots of techniques & products on these - Rosettes - created with Tim Holtz die (I think I've mentioned before how much I like these! lol); Distress Inks (antique linen, frayed burlap, weathered wood, black soot); dry embossing - with Sizzix folders - these give a really good deep impression; die cutting - Spellbinders - great flourishes (love); and wet embossing - covering the die cuts making them look like metal - this effect was achieved using Stampedous 'Fran-tage' embossing enamels in 'aged silver' and aged black (which is a really lovely colour.. we're talking reeeeeeally nice! (& so is the 'aged silver' judging by how fast it sold out!)
Thanks to everyone who watched the demos, I hope you were inspired.  Demo's wouldn't be the same without you!

xx
Share:

1 comment

  1. Fabulous inspiration Jo, I loved your beautiful art work. The flourishes and die cut medallions were brilliant as was the Frantage that had sold out by the time I'd got there LOL Luckily the vintage gold hadn't so I went home a happy bunny, Gay x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig