Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

22 February 2013

black pen, white pen.....

.... sometimes it takes seeing someone else's project to remind you of what you have in the way of stash and equipment!
Linda Cain created a lovely tag over on the PaperArtsy blog (go here to see all the details) using my JOFY stamps, distress inks and hi-lighted everything with a white pen.  Light bulb moment!!! last year I spent ages searching for the 'perfect' white pen to buy... & when I had one used it a lot and then nothing for months! (there goes the way of lots of equipment and 'stuff')
Linda's tag inspired me to use the white pen again (when I eventually located it! shame on me...)
This panel is made from one of the chunky cardboard blocks (here in the PaperArtsy shop) - they are surprisingly sturdy and so ideal for stamping and painting.  I painted the surface with Fresco Finish paints - Mermaid, Guacamole & Nougat,  I used Peacoat around the edges and to stamp the flowers in the background.
Then I got busy with the white pen - I'm not letting that slip out of my sight again for a while!  Great of accenting.
I stamped the flowers (JOFY12, and JOFY10) in black and stamped the same images on to vintage text paper that had been given a wash of Snowflake & Nougat paint.  Cut them out and stuck them down.
I stamped the phrase onto a tag (oops, back on a tag roll again! and just when I thought I'd weaned myself off!)
I accented the middle of the flowers by adding a layer of scrapbook papers, and added some shading with Distress Markers.

Yesterday I blogged briefly about my ongoing (neverending) job to tidy my workroom - its still not tidy - because I keep finding things that would be great on a project and I find paints, pens, papers that inspire me to make something.... its so hard to keep on task! lol
New Plan:  I'm going to set a timer for 30 minutes and see how much I can tidy and put away in that time... a sort of beat the clock challenge!
If it goes well I'll post pics... if it doesn't you'll see nothing and we'll never talk about it again. OK, deal?!
Share:

8 comments

  1. Cool, love it, funny how stash hides itself isn't it!
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on.... I love this panel, it looks amazing - mind you, the stamps are perfect to start with! I love the white pen highlights and am so glad Linda showed us. I Love my white pen now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:46 am

    That's lovely. Good luck with the tidying.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics, sometimes u just need reminding how good things are. Love white pens, just can't decide which is best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous piece... yes, I went straight for the white pen when I was playing with my samples for your flowers - next to the delicate watercolouring, it adds just that hint of jazz! Love the colours you've used here!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again another magical make using your new stamps - just gotta get 'em! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work as always Jo and with your stunning new stamps, well done on your success its well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo - can I ask which white pen you use??? I'm still trying to find the 'perfect white pen'!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig