Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

2 March 2017

#365Challenge.... February!!

Here are all the pages for February in one picture packed blog post - you might want to get a cuppa before you sit down... :o)

I'm simply going to show you the pages and give some background information/explanation on a few of them - when I think/hope it might be helpful to you in some way...


Here we go:

The pages in this book are 6x8inches, the book is an upcycled atlas I bought in a charity shop aaaaages ago (and according to the inscription on the front page is the property of the 'Geography department, South East Essex Sixth Form College'! lol)





 





Gelli printed page + stencilled flowers (PS055) + small flowers (JM49) in Snowflake Fresco Finish Paint.







This page was created from a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper....
I really like the starburst effect but really couldn't use the cowboy illustration (!!) but I didn't want to waste the background, so I started thinking of ways to cover it up (still only using things from the stash)
I liked how the doily covered pretty much everything but the sparkly burst still shows from underneath which is what I wanted...
 Panel of paper added to cover the word 'cowboy' and another smaller one to stamp the date onto

 Then I realised that the whole page looked better rotated 180degrees - allowing for the binding holes and also for the other elements that I was planning on adding...
 The strips of music score running under and over the patterned strips help tie everything together (stops them 'floating'), the bird is die cut from a gelli print (there are lots of those in my workroom! lol) and the branch is a die cut (Tim Holtz/Sizzix). The phrase is from JOFY15.







and not a cowboy in sight! lol



 I've 'rediscovered' my spirograph! can you tell! (its cropping up on several pages this month)

This page was created by taking a clean-up gelli print, stencilling on top with  PS056 (using Snowflake Fresco Finish) and adding words from Emma Godfrey's EEG17 & 14



The question in the Flow calendar for the 22 February (yes, I'm still considering those questions when I make my pages) was 'Who knows you the best?'... well it has to Matt, my husband... but, he's not overly keen on having his photo taken so I disguised his face by writing over his photograph - I really like the way this looks and I think it works really well (& I think printing the page in black and white helped too)
lol, yep more spirograph! lol  I should clarify - this isn't the kit I had as a child. This is one I bought relatively recently (probably in The Works) - it came with an activity book - the book has long gone but I am making full use of the kit that was attached to the front!

Question for day 24 was 'does wisdom come with age?' hhhmm I hope so! but I also think that you should keep on learning, keep trying new things... learn something new every day - however big or small.





Phew... another month finished... 59 down, 306 to go.....

I'm still enjoying creating these pages - March's book is 5x7 inches in size and landscape!  oh yes.. another small challenge- most of my stamp designs are portrait ie tall rather than wide so working landscape might be a bit of a challenge but that is what this year long project is all about - goal setting and learning something along the way..,

Thanks for stopping by.

Jo
Share:

8 comments

  1. you could always turn March round... loving the look at February's pages, what beauties you created - love the one where you wrote over Matt's photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much gorgeousness!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love each and every one and just when I think I can pick a few faves, something else is next in line. Fantastic work and thanks for sharing such inspirational eye candy Jo. Will be revisiting me thinks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. some fab pages Jo, can't pick a favourite - I really need a spirograph, used to love the one I had as a kid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing... beautifully done! I love how you used infusions for #25 and #27. Would you provide more details on what you used for #25 for the circles... and the stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, thanks for your comment.. I'll add a blog post with details of how I created page #25, watch this space :o)

      Delete
  6. A wonderful collection Jo. Some great designs, knowing me I would have kept the cowboy! Xx 😬

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, this is Oh So Fabulous!!!!!!!!! Totally, totally love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig