Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

18 July 2018

Watercolour paints.... (part 2)

When I'd finished painting flowers for the card I showed you in an earlier post (you can see it HERE) I had some pieces left over and wanted to make something....

... so I made this...

Its a spread in my small Dylusions journal using the leftover flowers and leaves.  The phrase is my saying for this year - LESS IS MORE - less clutter, less 'stuff' around us - do we really need half of what we have? Its something I'm trying hard to be more mindful of...
(though I more not sure this phrase applies to time... we could all do with a bit more time couldn't we! lol)

The page is a interpretation of the phrase - lots of open space and very little clutter of embellishments or colour... and the word 'LESS' is intentionally bigger so its the one that draws the eye.



Do you have phrases/mantras for the year? or maybe just a word?  (by the way my word is 'focus')  I'd love to hear what yours are and why? (if thats not too nosy of me! lol)


Thanks for stopping by

Share:

2 comments

  1. Lovely! My mantra would have to be ‘let it go’ even before Frozen! And my word is breathe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, those are both great! I especially like 'breathe'. hope you're keeping well. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig