Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

29 November 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!...

Here's a pretty tag I made with things that came in the post last week - making a tag lets me quickly use new 'toys' ahem sorry, craft equipment.  Snowflakes are Martha Stewart Scandinavian snowflake punch (large) lovely, lovely snowflake (and it looks like these are the only snowflakes I'm going to see - our area of Essex seems to be the only part of the country that doesn't have snow - humph).  The blue panel is a Tim H punched tag embossed using one of his embossing folders - love those!
There's an acetate tag peaking out on the right handside (sanding picks up the embossed design), and some scallop edged cardstock 
Its christmas and glitter is expected, no - its an essential requirement! I really like glittered chipboard but it can be a bit of a pain when the glitter ends up EVERYWHERE! But I discovered the solution (and duh! how could I not have realised/used this before) when I went to Imagine That on their birthday weekend..... STICKLES!!!!  Emma had covered a chipboard Eiffel Tower in stickles and it was soooooo lovely! I can't believe that I've only use stickles to dot accent things! Oooh so much more to do (and cover!) with stickles! (or any glitter glue for that matter)  Pretty!!
So I glammed up a chipboard 25 (sizzix dies) with Stickles. Lush!

I think duck-egg blue & pale gold are going to be my christmas colours this year - on a white tree....
Share:

6 comments

  1. you snaffled all my fave things of crimbo on this Jo! lush x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, really lovely. Be careful what you wish for re snow, please! I am in Surrey and we don't have any either - luckily!! I hate snow, it disrupts my bus journey like you wouldn't believe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres lush my dear! Just love the classiness of duck egg blue and gold as a colour scheme. Haven't decided on a colour for our tree this year - have 3 massive boxes of baubles to choose from, but ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo

    This is a gorgeous tag - love your colour combo, that snowflake punch, the acetate that has been embossed and then sanded (great idea) and lastly the v. sparkly chipboard letters.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow......It's gorgeous, love it all.

    A.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stylish! I love the embossing! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig