Feel free to leave comments on blog posts- & thanks for doing so. Comments need to be 'approved' (filtering out the pesky spammers) so don't worry if comments don't appear immediately.

29 April 2014

That was then.. this is now.....

I started this piece with no idea where it was going... but that is the fun in creating isn't it

I first read (and still read) Kelly Rae Roberts' book Taking Flight back in 2011 & was inspired by the book to create a panel- with a view that it would turn into something else... you can read the blog post here

 ... & 2ish years on  the panels are still in the studio, and as much as I love how they turned out I need to do something with them/to them ....

Above are all 4 together, I wanted to alter just one and this was the chosen panel (it measures approx 6x4in, 14.5x10.5xm):

Now it looks like this after attaching JOFY flowers (JM34 & JOFY14, 23, 24) cut from booktext, scrapbook papers and painted with Fresco Finish paints (of course!):


'Busier' than I would normally create... and I like it.

1 down 3 to go... maybe book covers for the darker 2....

I hope this 'inspires' you to alter a 'forgotten' project that is lurking somewhere waiting to be altered, repurposed and given a new lease of life.

xx

9 comments:

  1. I can see why you like the original panels so much and this one has 'altered' beautifully!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty Jo - love the mix of papers and paint xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colours haven't changed still so pretty. Glad you waited to complete, this is beautiful! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great re-purposing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so lovely Jo. I hope your recovery is going very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous inspiration. I have a few JOFY stamps and love them. Will become a follower of your blog so I can be inspired.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously fabulous, I love all these perky modern flowers and your original background is great too..

    ReplyDelete