Feel free to leave comments on blog posts- & thanks for doing so. Comments need to be 'approved' (filtering out the pesky spammers) so don't worry if comments don't appear immediately.

28 February 2015

In true 'Blue Peter' stylee....

... 'here's one I made earlier'!   another sample made at the trade show.. & sorry, no sticky-backed plastic on this project.. (do they even make things on Blue Peter any more?? is Blue Peter even ON tv now??) (aaah sigh.. who, as a child of the 60s, 70s, or 80,s didn't make something out of a toilet tube and a soda bottle! ...those were the days... lol)

aaaanyhoo - back to the present day... samples... well just the one sample actually but it comes in to parts.. its a mini concertina book - measures 9x9cm (I'm guessing because I don't have the sample here with me)


Covers are made from chipboard, painted in Slate mixed with Chalk.  I stamped several images from JOFY31:

The scribble circles are such useful stamps (going to be using those A LOT!) and the stitched scallop border... (I love a scallop border!!)
the diamonds, stamped in blue on the background, are from JOFY34 which is a lovely plate with several phrases ideal for journaling and scrapbooking and sized to fit on pocket scrapbooking cards.


The numbers are from this new 'oh-so-useful' Hot Pick stamp set:


and YES, I know the 2 is upside down (I planned it that way!) - that's what makes the covers 'perfectly imperfect'! don't you see its imperfect but perfect too.. get it?! no? ... oh never mind - I was being ironic... no?.. ok,  moving on..

Inside the book is a strip of 4 'pages' of smoothy ombre painted with Southern Skies (?.. or Smurf?), Prawn and Buff - show of hands please: who is LOVING Buff!  I wanted to include as many stamps as possible on this piece but I ran out of time.. the show was almost over... but I think I did quite well - at least 1 image from each of the plates released at the show...



Thanks for stopping by - don't forget Stamperama in on in Stevenage tomorrow - its a great show dedicated to all things stamping - if you're planning to visit have a lovely day.

x


5 comments:

  1. Lovely colours -- love buff and smurf!! Lovely stamps (and I still have some of my Christmas money - not quite enough for all of them but can steal from the housekeeping!!) finally managed to get the scribble circle dies from the USA - long story - and am looking forwards to pairing them up! Grunge paste day today - used it with a clarity stencil last week as a trial and it worked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of your ideas and inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, great colours and images. Definitely makes you smile:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already bought the new stamps!!!

    Very happy!!!

    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah Blue Peter - I'm sure that's where my love of painting, cutting and gluing stems from lol. Loving all the new stamps Jo - treated myself to a couple at Stevenage yesterday x

    ReplyDelete