Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

6 February 2015

Patchwork Panel...

... another sample from the recent JOFY releases.

Creating paper patchwork panels can be a little bit addictive - cutting out random sized rectangles and squares, gluing them down, & adding journaling, stamping or stencils over the top... 

This is the blue tone panel I created using a 12x12 page as a base, and then cut it into smaller pieces - for this project it was a 6x6inch panel.


I used Buff -  one of the new JOFY Limited Edition Fresco Finish paints - to white was over the top - wiping so some of the patterned panels can almost be seen.  I also added a layer of Chalk in the same way.



I stenciled onto the panel using one of my new stencils - LOVE this design that was on one of my stencils last year and I had planned for it to be an arrangement of 3.  I stenciled in Slate - very happy that this is now in the main colour groups of the Fresco colours (as is Chalk! yay)


I cleaned the stencil, flipped it over and stenciled the design in Pearl Glaze - I like how this gives an iridescent translusent effect - sometimes you see it sometimes you don't - as shown in the photo above where the image disappears towards the bottom of the stem.


Here is the panel - mounted onto chipboard painted with Mermaid and State.

Share:

4 comments

  1. Just fabulous! Love all the blue tones Jo and that motif was my favourite of all your stencils last year. Can't wait to buy this new grouping.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love paper like this as a background, beautiful stencil, need to own I think! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:53 pm

    Beautiful Jo ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Jo - the background is fab and the stencil is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig