Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

10 February 2016

ACP:2 Red + C

This is the first 'proper' post for the Alphabet Colour Project:2 .. I'm really enjoying putting together all the bits and pieces for the project... so much so that I have refiled all my decorative 12x12 papers in readiness! (the administrator in me raises its head again!!)

This post/project is brought to you by the colour RED and the letter C... lots of craft options beginning with the letter C (the further down the alphabet, the less options there seem to be - could you all please start thinking about options for x, y, & z! lol)(and yes, I have zentangle and zippers...)

Here are the colours I chose to work with red for this project... a kraft Cardboard base to create Cards.. simple..  I love seeing red with paler, tealy/turquoisey blues...



Cards with red as the focal colour, both basically created in the same way but different finishing touches and decoration...
I recently bought a couple of phrase/word block dies from 'Lil'inker designs' in America (www.lilinkerdesigns.com), and what with it being Valentines Day in a few days used the 'love you so much' die for these cards.
I die cut the word block from a panel of black card and trimmed it leaving just a narrow frame.

I die cut several hearts, cut parts from around their edges to make them slightly more asymmetric, then I doodled around the hearts to tie them in with the stamping on the red panel (image is from JOFY24)


The flowers on the card below are from JOFY12.


So that's project one of the ACP:2 project done and dusted.... just another 20ish to go... :o)

xx

Share:

5 comments

  1. love these! great colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great mix of colours - the card looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ideas.
    X - Xerox, old fashioned brand name used instead of photocopy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh clever!! I like your thinking! xx

      Delete
  4. So lovely cards, love the windows with words in

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig