Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

9 February 2018

A little bit of journalling does you good!



I've worked in my small Dylusions journal again - I think this might be my 'go to' journal now I've finished my junk journal (I should make another one of those)... and for this spread I worked on another painty spread (where I've cleaned off my paint brush, or used up left over paint from my desk - shame to see it go to waste!)

It started like this:

I started adding some stamped letters (JOFY63) and little bubbles (JOFY45).. and the large flowers left over from other projects were something I planned to add to finish so kept laying them on and taking them off again to see how they looked on the background I was building... (flowers are from JOFY62 & JOFY64).

Next to be added were scribbles (JOFY60) and the stencil border from PS082 - this is a great border to use as whole or using single elements... its also a great border to use a base for doodles.

I used just the seedhead (without the stem, in green paint) from PS083 on each page - no need for the stem and it looks great and delicate in the background..

Here's the spread with the big flowers attached - all it needed to finish off was some white gel pen doodles - everything looks better with a bit of that, don't you think!

The finished spread (though now I'm wondering if it need a few diamantes/stickle spots)



This spread came together in a really relaxed way - didn't faff with it too much, which is unusual because I am a master faffer! lol

Thanks for popping by


Share:

5 comments

  1. Really love this colour combo and gorgeous images and journalling! FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page! beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon Quinn9:29 pm

    Beautiful JO xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the doodles.... mine always look clunky, yours are elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig