Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

12 February 2018

JoFY Bingo Wk.5


Welcome to Week FIVE of JoFY Bingo!! This weeks draw is a very wintery festive selection...

I like the sentiment 'be the rainbow in someone's grey cloud' (I even have a stamp of it - JOFY38)... and I was thinking about this week's stamps and how to use the stars.. and thought I'd mix that phrase up a bit...  what about 'be the stars in somone's dark sky'... I liked that and so created this journal spread...


LOTS of blue layers went in to creating the background - mostly Midnight, Baltic Blue, Inky Pool and a touch of Mermaid (why does everything look better with a touch of Mermaid! lol)


I printed the phrase out on my computer and laid it in place to check sizing etc, then removed it so I could add snowflakes/stars..

I used the snowflakes that looked most like stars from the background stamp on JOFY48 stamping them randomly onto the page (in Snowflake)

I painted a piece of Smoothy with Pearl Glaze, stamped on stars and cut them out.

All the pieces were stuck down and I painted details with Fresco and outlined the sentiment with pencils.. and outlined the page with a white gel pen line.


I don't often make dark background projects but I have to say I liked doing this!

Thats my project for this week - I hope you can get involved, here's what you need to know:

The numbers are drawn on Monday, along with a project I've made using the corresponding stamp sets, then the plan is to:
  • Use/combine 2 stamp sets (use only those stamp sets - not all the stamps in each set - that would be too much of an ask but as long as there are one or two stamps from each set then its OK!)
  • 7 days to create 1 project, makers choice:  cards... atc... journal page... dimensional project... tag...
  • Use any paints/media, colours, embellishments, stencils/masks
  • Load up your project to Instagram any time during the week.  Please use Instagram links #jofybingo and @jofyjo in the text (not 'tagging' me please) so I can find it :o)
If you don't have an Instagram account you can add your make in the comments on the Facebook post linked to this blog post (facebook links:  https://www.facebook.com/JoFY.JoFirthYoung/ or https://www.facebook.com/jo.firthyoung )

    I hope you can join in - I look forward to seeing what you create!


    Share:

    1 comment

    1. I am loving your Bingo series - it makes me look at my (your) stamps differently! Thank you for all this wonderful inspiration.

      ReplyDelete

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig