Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

18 February 2018

Art journal doodle flowers....


In my recent release of stamps and stencils for PaperArtsy (you can see them HERE and HERE) I designed a big loose flower and matching stencil:

  

I planned to use them on a journal page and one of my 'clean your paintbrush and use up the paint' 'patchwork' pages seemed ideal:


I started by adding the flower stamp.

Then I added stencilled flowers in pale colours - making sure that the stencil IS UP THE RIGHT WAY!!... or the stamped image won't fit over the top! (not going to lie - I found that out the hard way on another project lol)

Here are the stencilled flowers with the line image stamped over the top...

I used a black pen to colour the background - I found this easier/quicker than using paint - this isolates and defines the doodled flowers...

I stamped the flower image onto book text and added pieces of this to the page... I finished the page with some white and gold pen doodles..


Really happy with how the flower stamp and coordinating stencil work together... I think this is going to be used often! 

Thanks for visiting



Share:

10 comments

  1. Love this, really effective! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jo, they really pop off the page. Love your floppy flower and colour choice is wonderful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel - its one of my favourite flowers from this release x

      Delete
  3. not sure how I missed the stencil at Stevenage... this was my first must have stamp set of your latest release, and I love it ... this is a fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - I can't believe you missed it either! xx

      Delete
  4. I think this pairing is going to have to go on my shopping list! Love the colours of this spread (and the one before using this stamp)

    Sxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      I don't think you'll be disappointed with them! xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Jo... I really like it too - might 'need' to do another one :o)
      x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig