Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

26 August 2011

Happy Birthday!!...

... to my Hubby - who turned 40 yesterday - here's the card I made him - quite simple.  I love this card structure - deceptively simple...
So its fairly simple but it took quite a few bits of equipment - the big numbers are cut with the Slice, the panel they sit on is a Nestabilities die, the big 'happy' is a new stamp by Imagine That (love those stamps - they have a great 'christmas' set of the same design), 'happy birthday' is a Hero Arts stamp... I think that's enough for one card!  Oh no, hold on, 'happy' was stamped in silver ink & I brushed Perfect Pearls over the top. yep thats all.
I love/chose the colours for the card because my Hubby has a fondness for shirts that have a blue check pattern! Seriously - I think he might have cornered the market in them! lol

Take care - enjoy the long weekend.
Share:

3 comments

  1. Nicely timed birthday Mr FY...a whole long weekend to party! Great card idea Jo, specially for boys. AND OMGeeeeeee..you're all so damn young!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought your interview on my mojo monthly was great and so are your Craft Stamper projects :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo came over via sasha's blog and am very impressednindeed. Your work is fabulous , beautiful creations plus your fantastic writing a real joy to visit have become a follower and look forward to visiting again,

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig