Feel free to leave comments on blog posts- & thanks for doing so. Comments need to be 'approved' (filtering out the pesky spammers) so don't worry if comments don't appear immediately.

17 April 2013

Samples, samples and more samples Part2....

.... the first batch of tag samples - I do love a tag (or 2)...(you may have noticed!) these are, for me, functional rather than inspirations samples - tags where I have created little 'testers' or simple 'techniques'...
Spots are another favourite of mine - love a bit of spotted paper, or fabric, or ribbon! On these tags I used a stencil to create the spots.  I had planned to add flower images or embellishments to the tags - but I've decided to leave them like this - for reference...
Left tag:I used Mini15 to stamp words (2nd generation, black archival ink) over the background of the tag leaving some area unstamped. The spots are stamped in Fresco Finish Pansy and a mix of Guacamole and Tinned Peas.  The mesh stamped image is from the long mesh panel on JOFY10
Centre tag:
The corrugated card tag had the edges and bottom edge randomly stripped of the outer layer, the surface was then painted with Nougat (love!) paint - great base colour.  The flowers- Mini14- were stamped using Archival Green, then the spots were painted in Pansy with a spot of Pearl Glaze added over the top... just making little spots of colour pearlised adds that little bit of subtle 'bling'.
Right tag:
Base of tab was randomly painted with Pansy, Guacamole, Nougat and Tinned Peas (probably a bit of Hey Pesto in there too!)(that list sounds like a weird salad recipe doesn't it! lol).. tag was stenciled in a similar way to the tag on left but the square/rectangular spaces were filled with text.

I enjoyed making these tags - creating one inspired another (love it when that happens) - i could've created more (I think) but I had to move on to other things... another time maybe

10 comments:

  1. Lovely as always Jo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous tags Jo... love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When pic came up I said to myself (as it would be a bit weird out loud in office) Oooo I love dots too well and stripes actually....I could go in but only have half hour lunch...
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo what a brilliant idea to test techniques, dont know why I didnt think of it myself, I normally just blunder ahead without any thought, this would be why you are brill and I am ........ (input your own word here) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Jo, I especially like the middle tag, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great tags, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are great tags, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these tags too, must try them

    ReplyDelete