Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

9 April 2013

The Goldilocks approach to creating....

... Over the last few weeks I've been working on projects for upcoming classes ..... I sat back and looked at what I'd created I realised that some 'were too small' and others 'were too big' and some were 'just right'.... the Goldilocks effect....

I like this Sizzix/Tim Holtz 'Cabinet Card' die, and the matching 'movers/shapers' that goes with it.... its so versatile.
This time I used it to cut the main shape, and cut again with the mover&shaper die in place to create a frame.  I like to have some of the stamped images coming over the edges structure (gives it movement):
& then use the smaller piece that remains once the frame is cut to create a 'stand' on the reverse...
This was a bit of a light bulb moment for me - some of you might have been doing this for ages but as it was new to me I thought I'd share it just in case you haven't.  lol
The flowers are painted with Fresco Finish - loving the new 'Blood Orange' colour.. Juicy!!
(it was very tempting to stickle the top of those 'dandelion' heads.... I resisted, but I'm not sure for how long...)

OK, I'm off to create more class samples - I've created a blog page with my teaching demo'ing dates (button under the main banner) so if you fancy a day of inky, painty, stamping come and join me.... the more the merrier  :o)
Share:

5 comments

  1. I haven't got this die, why haven't I got this die.... (something else for the list at Ally Pally!) I love it Jo.... and love the use of the extra bit for the stand - that's perfect! Sorry I won't get to see you at AP as I'm there on Saturday only.... maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen - I don't know why you don't have this die - probably the same reason I don't have this die - neither of us have seen it in action on such a smashing project as Jo's! Thanks for sharing, Jo

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's three of us that want that die!!! Gorgeous frame Jo, what a beauty, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jo..I have this die and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that die!! Haven't used it though lol
    Project looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig