Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

17 January 2018

Bring me sunshine!!

Its a lovely sunny day here in Essex today (cold, but sunny!)...


I bought the Concord & 9th 'Dahlia Turnabout Stamp Set' and matching 'Dahlia Turnabout die' before christmas and this is the first chance I've had a chance to play with it.

I watched the company's video on YouTube HERE to understand how to use both (watch the video - its worth it!).
When I first saw the design I wanted to create a stencil using it and luckily they showed how to do that in the video.  Having done this my tip is: mark on the die (with a Sharpie) which leaf bits you are using to line up when rotating- makes it much simpler to keep track of.

I cut a stencil out of plain white card (I'm going to do this again in acetate so I get more use out of it).

I applied Distress Oxide Inks through the stencil - Picked Raspberry and Wild Honey (pink & orange - always a fabulous colour combination!) creating flowers randomly across the white card...

The stamp set has the turnabout flower stamp and some nice big words...

I stamped one of the sentiments (lots of mix & match options on the set) onto the white space, mounted the dahlia panel on to a white card and sewed in place.  I finished off the card with a button and gems...

A lovely sunny card for a lovely sunny day!



Share:

3 comments

  1. Such a sunny looking card, full of colour, so pretty and creative idea to use the die as a stencil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea is the company's, really pleased with how my use of it turned out! lots of options for the set. :o)
      x

      Delete
  2. I have this stamp and die as well. I shall get it out and give it a go. Thanks for your tips. Love the colours you used.
    I hope your weather warms soon. We’re just going into autumn so there are cool days ahead. More stamping time for me! All the best from Tasmania to Essex.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig