Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

15 January 2018

JoFY Bingo Wk.1


Welcome to JoFY Bingo week 1 - the numbers are 4 &14
oooh tricky choices for week 1with a couple of christmas stamp set after christmas ... (brace yourselves - I have a feeling thats going to happen often!)

I made a wintery tag using this weeks large stamp sets.  From JOFY04 I used the spotty border over the background (which is painted in Green Patina and Blue Oyster) and the star has been repurposed to be spiky flowers coming out of the ground, & I rotated the 180 degrees and used the flourishes to be 'grasses'.  I usually paint the flower on JOFY14 in hot colours (pinks and oranges) but this time I wanted a wintery feel so used white washed book text, snowflake paint and washes and dots of Pearl Glaze. (I also stamped a couple more of these flowers using second generation stamping creating depth.)
You don't always need to use an entire greeting/sentiment on a set - sometimes you simply need one word and here I've used half of 'happy birthday' from JOFY14.



Quite a simple project for week 1.. it was fun to find way to incorporate images from both sets.

If you are inspired to join in here are the 'rules'... they're more like loose guidelines really... :o)
  • Selected numbers/stamp sets will be blogged on Monday along with the project I made using the corresponding stamp sets.
  • 1 week to create a project
  • 1 project, makers choice:  cards.. atc.. journal page.. dimensional project... tag...
  • 2 stamp sets (use only those stamp sets - not all the stamps in each set - that would be too much of an ask but as long as there are one or two stamps from each set then its OK!)
  • Work with any paints/media, colours, embellishments, stencils/masks
  • Upload project to Instagram links are #jofybingo and @jofyjo
I hope you can join in - see you next Monday for the next round!

Share:

5 comments

  1. I don’t have either 4!!! Will have to hunt for an alternative!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't worry - there'll be another draw next week and you might have those! :o) x

      Delete
    2. I can't believe I only have set 4! I'll try to remember to look for the next draw.

      Hugs
      Lesley Xx

      Delete
  2. Ive added something anyway - getting used to this Instagram lark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to wait for next week, I've only got the big JofY 14. guess I also need to join Instagram...

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig