Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

1 April 2007

ArtyATC April Swap - Emotions

I've thought about cutting words/ phrases out of books and using them on artwork . . . and read somewhere about not always just reading along the line but look at how words from one line relate to the words directly below them to get quirky/unintended - thats how I got the phrase used on these ATCs - "the need to keep my desire for Chanel" . . . and I knew exactly how I wanted to use it.......... and this photo of a man was in a batch of photos I bought on ebay..... he's perfect!! The lovely kiss curls, the pristine suit and lovely corsage - it just shouts a desire for the loveliness of Chanel!! (the 'confidential' strip protects his identity - well he wants to keep it a secret doesn't he!!) :o) It doesn't really show up in the photo but I've given him diamante earrings and a bit of lippy! Every time I look at these they make me chuckle....
I'm going to make a bigger version - more complex, with more background images etc.. but I'm liking these ATCs and they just about fit into the 'Emotions' theme of the month - well 'desire' is an emotion isn't it?!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Anonymous12:05 pm

    How did you get that picture of my husband wearing his favourite earrings?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:18 pm

    Poor lad! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig