Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

18 March 2009

Cards!

I'm really on a roll with this 'no white card blanks' idea! (even if i do say so myself..lol). I'm really enjoying it - it seems to make creating a card much 'easier' - maybe because the background is already dealt with - white seems to need work before anything else gets added. (got to give it colour, or texture or... something...)



The card on right above has used all the die cut machines I had to hand - the cuttlebug and the slice - the Slice is great for creating big letters and numbers. Its a great little machine - compact, lightweight - but I don't use it to its full potential or use a lot of the designs on the cartridges - something I'll have to work on.... time allowing.....

The card above was created using some of the elements from the die cut sheet that comes with the paper packs by Basic Grey..... I'm not normally a big fan of using these because the pieces seem geared up for using on scrapping (a 12x12in?) - so are sometimes a bit 'heavy/big' but I'm quite liking them now - little, often & sparingly seems to be the way to go when using them on a card! (it helps that these cards are all about 12.5cm /14.5cm square. And yes, those are peel-off flowers peeking out from under the paper-flower - again, something I'm coming around to with the same approach - little, often & sparingly! lol

I've also made some others (see what I mean - on a roll!) but can't show those because they haven't been sent'n' recieved yet.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig