Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

3 November 2009

this n that...

NEWSFLASH!!
(added 04.11.09)

Yay! The record was acheived! Southend-on-Sea now holds the Guiness World record for the longest continuous line of bunting!!!!! Well done to everyone who took part - local schools, WI groups (one WI group brought in ONE THOUSAND flags!), the list goes on! and especially to Nastassja who headed up the team of people who have sewn on the 9000 flags.

So, on Sunday I braved the rain and went to the park to search the 9000 bunting flags to find my five - needle in a haystack is the phrase that comes to mind!
...and I did find them - slightly sheltered up amongst the trees - it was great to see them up there... Mine are the 5 denim ones in the centre - from left to right: one with my felt flowers, one using PaperArtsy stamps, floral heart fabric for me, one using Banana Frog stamps, and one with a blue check fabric heart for M ('cos he does love a blue check shirt! lol)

Yesterday I popped to the shops for a quick hunt for a jacket of somekind - I didn't find a jacket but I did find these mugs, don't you think a drink would taste nicer in one of these?

I was asked to make a 21st birthday card and here's what I created - inspired by a card on the Hero Arts site - using lots of my favourite bits and pieces - gems, flowers, nestabilities etc etc etc and I was really pleased with the colour scheme - the turquoise against the silver and charcoal base.. mmmm nice (even if I do say so myself! lol)

Share:

1 comment

  1. You must have been searching for hours for your flags! Those mugs are too cute and I love the delicate colours on the card.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig