Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

18 November 2012

Deck the halls....

... with pennants and bunting... tra la la la laaaaaa la la la laaaaaaa

Usually when I'm  playing around with new products I create tags but at the moment I am creating pennants instead (as I've said before I love a bit of bunting!)...

The above pennant uses the border strip from plate05 with the words on same plate dotted about - love how this turned out - the border is really easy to repeat if you mark on the back the position of the end blocks.
The motifs stamped onto kraft card are from minis.

Speaking of minis: I used the candle on mini08 on this pennant and combined it with the border strip across the top edge:
The candle is coloured with Distress Markers- being from the same palette as Distress inks they tone in perfectly, I like them a lot...
The embellishment on the centre tag is one of the snowflakes created with the Tim Holtz Sizzix die, aged with distress inks.. they're fiddly but i love 'em!
I know I'm shouldn't choose but I think the star pennant is my favourite - stars from several plates: top banner is plate01, big stars plates07 & 08, the white star top centre is from the minis over stamped with snowflakes (also on background) plate01.
I had fun creating these and they work as inspiration for other projects...  These pennants are about 15cm long - don't you think little ones strung on a piece of ribbon around a christmas tree would look cute...

and talking of favourites - distress inks - Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough - my 'go to' colours this christmas - possibly using them a little too much! Jo, put the inks down, and move away from the worktable.. lol

...and just in case you were wondering - christmas is about 36 days away... just sayin'.....
Share:

6 comments

  1. Anonymous8:57 pm

    Hi Jo!
    LOVE your banners! Can you tell me how you made the banners themselves? They look too big to be diecut, so am wondering how you make them . . . please tell me there is a very simple trick!!!!
    Lots of greetings from over here -- Sally xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:58 pm

    Ha ha -- second comment: beat the robot thingie this time!!! Had to try twice . . . but at least I managed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:27 am

    Beautiful, the stars are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love you bunting (and the other ones too!) These stamps you've designed are just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever girl!
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig