Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

29 November 2014

ALBOTAT: Same but different....

I had a quick play with new dies bought from the States earlier this month - from Wplus9.com - the seasonal sentiments dies are great for cards and tags and all sorts of creative projects - all through the year not just christmas..
I made 3 simple cards - working on the 'less is more' approach, and bearing in mind the 'keep-it-thin-for-posting' guidelines (pesky 5mm guide at the post office - 1 button and the 10x10cm card could be a 'large letter' ggggrrrr)

I die cut the word 'joy' and the snowflake from the set several times from kraft, white and silver card and used these to decorate 3 simple cards.. I like to create layers with stamping, papers and die cuts... playing around with the options

First I cut the word 'joy' from the front of a card, 3d mounted acetate behind the word and attached the snowflake onto the acetate (3d foam). I stamped 'christmas' (JOFY26) above the word to create a christmas sentiment..

I stamped snowflakes (JOFY JM07) across the card, coloured with metallic pen, added a banner of christmas paper and attached 'joy' and a snowflake on top.

This last card is similar to the card above but creating it with different colour options changes the look.


I think I'll be using these dies a lot!

ho ho ho...
Share:

2 comments

  1. They are wonderful Jo!
    You got me looking at the dies online (although your link to the website does not work, needs www. in front). I post cards to family overseas, and being thicker than 5mm also applies to overseas now (as well as weight), and 10cm x 15cm card I made had to go as a parcel to Europe because I had a button on it, making it higher than 5mm! Shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish, & link amended
    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig