Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

25 July 2016

ALBOTAT.. making the most of mail..

.... I'm talking about junk mail. 

I seem to receive mini brochures from clothing companies - most of which go in the bin but some of them are worth a quick flick through - you never know what gems might find and cut up...  The Boden catalogue is always full of great page titles (very useful for junk or art journaling), the Made (furniture company) catalogue is a great little fold out brochure and then there is...

the Hush catalogue... I like this one: nice paper, nice clean layout and the model in it has such a beautiful ethereal face - like an innocent yet cheeky fairy - (if Shakespeare's Puck from a Midsummer Night's Dream were to arrive in the 21st Century, or Tinkerbell from Peter Pan, then this is her) and so when the catalogue arrived recently I couldn't resist giving her a quick makeover... I let her spread her wings and take her place on a toadstool...

This is how it looked after five minutes with a Sharpie pen.... 
When I look again at the photo on the right, with the toadstool, - her expression seems to be saying "really! you sat me on a toadstool! I expected a throne!"  lol


Might as well make the most of the junk mail that comes through the door.... now where did I put the Boden catalogue and my scissors.....

x
Share:

3 comments

  1. What a fun a idea! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously get a better class of junk mail than I do... love your doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun ! I love the White Stuff catelogue for titles! Ali

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig