Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

11 November 2016

Its a Gelli print...

.... but not as we know it... well it is... sort of - these are pages in my journal that I've covered in the underpapers that are on my desk when Gelli printing.. rolling my brayers on it to remove paint, or make a gelli print to clean the plate... sometimes they're just too nice/interesting to throw away..

These first two are my 'favourites', I really like the print of the mask (stencilgirlproducts.com) I was using...
I haven't put them in a journal - I can't decide what to do with them... I don't want to 'spoil' them - which is ridiculous because they are junk papers! Meant to be spoiled!


These next two are the result of rolling my brayer on the underpaper to clean it...



I am kicking myself that I didn't take a photo of the underpapers glued onto the pages below before I stenciled the numbers on!  The background is lots of ghost/clean-up gelli prints.  I really like how the big numbers look so prominent against the background.... and everything looks more interesting with paint splats!
(The number stencil is Donna Downey, doily stencils is The Crafters Workshop, spots are bubble wrap)

Using the underpapers is a great way to add immediate interest to a journal spread.. and if its too bold, pale, or the wrong colour simply add another layer of interest - with stencils or stamping or a colour wash.

x
Share:

3 comments

  1. These are stunning Jo. I especially love the first two and totally get you not wanting to spoil them. They are sooooooo pretty! Love the black numbers against those lovely bright colours too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Underpapers are a wonderful way to get a quick page started! Really look nice with that numbers treatment:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig