Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

3 July 2018

Art Journaling: scraps but not scrappy...

.. at the end of a workshop or demo day I often have bits a pieces left over that are too nice to throw away and so I put them in a box on my desk to use later... (I decorated A LOT of my Flow Calendar book pages with bits and pieces from such a box!)


I came home from my classes at Birds in the Barn on saturday inspired & I wanted to do something with the days 'scraps' and so I put them together on this journal spread..


I'd painted the background during the class with left over demo paints this means that everything coordinates.  I added some DoCrafts rose gold foiled washi tapes that I'd recently bought - they really toned well with the Fresco paint colours as did the 'Fools Gold Embossing Glitter' by WOW! that I used with the compass background - such a lovely sparkly finish which is a nice contrast to the matt paint.
I used a white gel pen to add journalling to the centre of the page - I like how it fills the space but is barely visible.

Keep those 'scraps' - you never know when they'll come in useful!

EDIT: ooh I just thought: making nice things out of scraps makes me happy so from now on I'm naming projects like these 'HappyScraps' - sounds much nicer than just 'scraps' don't you think!


Thanks for stopping by


Share:

2 comments

  1. I absolutely adore this page. Those colours are lush. I don't suppose you know what colours you've used?
    Crafty hugs
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel.. All the paints I've used are PaperArtsy and are mixes created with Cherry Blossom, Prawn, Vanilla, Coral, Butternut, Tango and Snowflake. The green is Zucchini. Have fun! Jo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig