Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

16 February 2019

Not just a block of wood...

... its a substrate for doodling!

I really like working on these 'offcuts' of wood... I like the texture of the wood, and the weight of them - and they are easy to use as substrate because the wood is nice and smooth to work on.


I started with a block of wood painted Slate grey...

Planned where the position of the mask/stencil making sure that it would wrap nicely around the sides of the block... (This stencil is PS085, one I designed for PaperArtsy - you can buy/order it from your local PaperArtsy stockist)

I sponged 2 colours of paint (Guacamole & Chalk) across the surface of the block blending as I went along...

I really like the resulting contrast of the grey, green and white....

Couldn't resist breaking out the white pen and got busy doodling on top of the Slate - it makes the design much more delicate...

Its hard to know when to stop doodling... lol


Thanks for popping in...


Share:

1 comment

  1. ooh this is gorgeous! what a great background colour the Slate is!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig