Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

19 June 2019

Butterfly flourish......

I'm working in my large Dylusions journal which gave me lots of space to create this pretty (but not too pretty) journal spread.

The spread is made up of flowers left over from a previous project (hate to see them going to waste!) and a few butterflies created with one of the new Bright Rosa dies designed by Paula Pascual.
As soon as I saw the large butterfly I new it would look great with my big flowers so I bought it, along with the large fern die which will put in appearance soon I think....
When I started creating this spread I'd added big flowers (from JOYF73 and JOFY72) but decided they hid too much of the lovely swirly flourished background so I took them off in favour of the background.


I suspended the large butterfly on a piece of acetate so that when the pages are opening it 'flutters' on the surface.

I made the smaller butterflies 'solid' by die cutting a butterfly cut from book text.  I painted this with Pearl Glaze - this gave a shimmer to the butterfly and worked as an adhesive to attach the book text butterfly to the black open work butterfly.  win win!

Hope this inspires you to use your 'waste' pieces and turn them into something lovely.

Here's what I used:
Die:  'Butterfly Band', Bright Rosa
Stamps: JOFY61, JOFY75,
Paints:  Fresco Finish in Butternut, Cerise, Sherbet, Snowflake.

Thanks for stopping by


Share:

1 comment

  1. oh Jo, I love this page, with all that white space and the flourishes... absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig