Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

8 January 2012

ACP Week 1: Grey + A = Aperture

The letter of this week is A, & I'll admit it is skidding in on the last day but that's because I was busy posting all the introductions to the project I've started - next week: less talk, more projects :o)

Throughout  the year I'll by putting the main colour together with other colours - and grey has been a nice colour to start with - I like grey a lot - and colours seem to go with it really easily.... today's project uses grey with yellow.
A = Aperture
Today's project is quick'n'easy!  This is a card design I've used before (taught it as part of a class) and I really like it - simple but effective (and using 3 types of paper its a great stash-buster!) - I like that the aperture becomes a window: I covered the aperture with acetate - makes a great space for mounting something - this time a fabric flower that I added a sparkly button to the centre of (more of those later in the month)... The die used to cut the aperture has to be one of my favourite Spellbinder dies - Labels 1.
The funny little mannequin  to the side is a Lego piece - I came across it on Ebay and couldn't resist it - it just makes me smile - I have dressforms/mannequins in several sizes - life size all the way down to Lego size - got it all covered! lol

Aaaaanyhoo back to the project.... if the design or colour combo has inspired you please leave a link to your blog in comments & I'll pop by and have a snoop at your creation :o)  

Thanks for popping by!

Jo
Share:

3 comments

  1. Well I thought that's nice...then read it was a fabric flower & had to go in closer...really stylish love it & that lego piece is great. I'm just about to order my life size one but only have one other mannequin so have a way to go.
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I don't think I've ever used grey on a card, so I must give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find gray such a hard colour to use, yet you do it so well Jo! Love the flower, and the lego dress form is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig