Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

23 January 2012

ACP Week 3, part 4: Crowns

My last post featured my 'Queen' apron - which by the way is still pristine :o)   The crown was die cut from a square of denim... the waste of which got me thinking - it was still a perfect complete negative of the crown and so, not liking to see things go to waste....
I've used it to embellish a bag - love this muchly - very happy with how it turned out - and it makes me smile as the check fabric is one of hubby's old shirts (he loves a check shirt!)- he's well 'trained' not to throw out his old shirts and jeans- I have a plan that one day I'll make a quilt or something out of all his checked shirts.. (its on the list in my head of 'projects that I'll get around to eventually')
The motif is bondaweb'd and then machine stitched to the bag - working around the edges and adding some colour - and of course adding some buttons.
Its a really simple bag that'll come in useful for carrying books, magazines or craft stash!

This is the last of the crown projects - tomorrow it'll be something beginning with D and another colour to go with Grey...

Hope you're all well, thanks for popping by.
Share:

6 comments

  1. Very cool indeed, and using up the waste.. your practicably angelic woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think your right royal firth-young highness has crowned everything going this week, but the skull is right up there top of the pile for me!!!

    Leandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of the leftovers! The bag looks great, Queen J F-Y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And I too have a plan for my husbands old shirts and yep it's on the to do list that grows longer not shorter! jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea & it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great Jo - but what cutting machine do you have which will go through fabrics?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig