Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

2 December 2014

ALBOTAT: wool and buttons and ribbons.. Oh my!!

I often drive through Thundersley - an area of Benfleet where I live - but don't often stop (not needed to) but I've been thinking about trying crochet again and remembered there might be a wool shop in area.  When I drove through last week there was a parking space and so I stopped - and I'm soooooo glad I did!


Bodkins is packed full of loveliness!!

On one wall there are buttons and ribbons (be still my button loving heart!!):



The shop is L shaped and this is only 2 of the 3 walls storing wool!!  It makes me wish my knitting and crochet skills are better than they are (but thats fixable because the shop runs classes!)


It really is a lovely shop - complete with vintage shop fittings (swoon), and the owner was really helpful and encouraging... 

I'd recommend a visit if you're in the area - you can find the shop in Hart Road, Thundersley, Benfleet... there are more photos and information on their website www.bodkins71.co.uk

x
Share:

6 comments

  1. That looks amazing. He should have his red suit on by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab shop - all those buttons......I found an old shop on Portobella Road last time we were in London and the rest of the family laughed at how many ooo and ahs I made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure of a shop! Don't see many like that these days- lucky you having it nearby :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt to crochet this summer after lots of failed attempts, love it! For inspiration I look at a lady called Lucys blog called "attic 24" it is just full of colour and inspiration! Look forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks live heaven

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig