Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

12 July 2007

Long time, no post!

I've just googled myself -
- 'cos I had nothing better to do!
- 'cos every so often I like to check that if someone wanted to find me they could
- 'cos I'm recovering from hoovering the stairs which even though we have this snazzy new vacuum cleaner (which is quite agressive - so much so I feel quite sorry for the carpet) its still a pain in the whatnot of a job!

aaaaanyway I came up on an information/directory site which said 'Jo Firth-Young, a professional artist in Southend, creates very special works in paper and card.'
So I thought I had better put something more professional and creative on my blog (as currently the first big picture on the blog is that of Panda - lovely though he is, it's not quite the creative impression I want to put out there!)

So although I don't have much creative stuff to blog at the moment I have been laying the groundwork for future creativity....

I've spent most of the week moving all my art and craft equipment from my home workspace to the studio in Leigh (so we can have dining room again!) - my studio work area looks great (will have photos later)- its a mastery of space planning (or rather shelf planning!!)(can never have too many shelves can you?!)

I'm contemplating buying an electric die-cutting machine - trying to decide which one is best (the Silhouette is winning at the moment) and trying justify the cost. Anyone got any opinions please leave a comment!

I'm going to the PaperArtsy Design Team 'play day' on Sunday which am really looking forward.

Ali Edwards' site put me onto Catslife Press where they have quirky stamps and sayings and I think I may 'have' to order the crowns stamps - I think a page with Fredd (cat, just in case you are wondering) wearing a crown is called for! (oooh no- him wearing a gold German Scrap crown from PaperArtsy would be much more appropriate!)

And speaking of Fredd he's just been treated to a squirt of Catnip spray on his rug (for his pleasure but also for my entertainment!) - he has gone NUTS - sniffing every inch of it, dragging himself all over it, and then bunching it up and 'bunny'ing it (laying on his side and kicking it with his back legs) for all he's worth.... and now he has worn himself out and is fast asleep on his catnip heaven of a rug!
Bless

I'm off to the studio to get some creativity and get back in to the swing of creating 'stuff'! (Kristina Contes' kit came a couple of days ago and I'm itching to create with it....)
Share:

1 comment

  1. I'm hoping to get to the DT day Jo (will be a last minute thing), so fingers crossed). Great to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig